Who we are
Our website address is: https://theherbtemple.com.au.
We take your privacy seriously and will only use personal data to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
“Customer” means the individual accepting the terms of this Agreement or the entity such individual represents, as applicable.
“Customer Data” means data and other information made available to CC Mavocado through the use of the CC Mavocado Services under this Agreement.
“End User” means an end user of theherbtemple.com.au site
“End User Data” means all personal information of an end user including name, emails, phone numbers and other personal data related to the use of CC Mavocado Services (device data, timestamps, location, etc.).
“CC Mavocado Properties” and “the Site” means theherbtemple.com.au.
“CC Mavocado Services” means the services provided by CC Mavocado to End User and Customer under this Agreement through www.theherbtemple.com.au website, including all programs, features, functions, content and report formats, and subsequent updates or upgrades of any of the foregoing made generally available by CC Mavocado.
2. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Data provided by Customer:
- Account Registration. When we register you for an Account, we might ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Data provided by End Users
- Communications. If the End User contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as name, email address, the contents of the message and/or attachments he/she may send us, and any other information he/she may choose to provide.
The personal information that the End User is asked to provide to CC Mavocado, and the reasons why he/she is asked to provide it, will be made clear at the point we ask him/her to provide such personal information.
Data we collect when Customers or End Users use of CC Mavocado Services:
- Cookies. We only use essential cookies that help us provide you with the service.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
3. How we use the data
We use the data we collect in various ways presented below grouped by the legal basis for processing:
We need the data to perform the contract with you
- Provide, operate and maintain CC Mavocado Services
- Provide you with customer support and reply to your requests made through contact form
- Use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
- Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
The processing is our legitimate interest and it is not overridden by your rights.
- Find and prevent fraud
- Understand how Customers and End Users use CC Mavocado Services
- Develop new content, features and functionality
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We need to comply with a legal obligation to:
- Collect and manage your consents
- Record your requests and the communication between you and CC Mavocado regarding your data
4. Who we share your data with
Third Party Processors
We are committed to reduce at the minimum the Third-Party Processors that we use to lower the risks of your data being exposed. We also assess and review each one of them in order to make sure they have similar and compliant privacy policies.
- We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
5. How we share your data
As a rule, we do not share your data with any third-party. However, we may share your data in the following cases:
- Business Transfers. Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- With Your Consent. We may share information with your consent.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
5.1 Behavioural Advertising
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
How we protect your data
CC Mavocado takes reasonable precautions such as policy-based access control to protect Data in our possession from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access. CC Mavocado follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Data, both during transmission and once received by CC Mavocado. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
Credit card transactions are processed securely by our payment gateway partner and no card details are stored on our servers.
7. Data Retention
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7.1 Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
8. Children under 16
9. Account & Data Deletion
As an End User, you cannot create an account with theherbtemple.com.au. In case you contacted us through the contact form and would like to have your data deleted, please contact us at [email protected].
If you are a registered Customer, you can request data deletion by emailing us at [email protected].
10. Access to your data
If you are a registered Customer or an End User that contacted us, you may request certain information we have about you by emailing us at [email protected].
To protect your privacy and security, we also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updating or removing your information. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business for disaster recovery purposes.
11. International data transfers
As an Australian enterprise serving users across the world and delivering CC Mavocado Services through the use of Third-Party processors, we may transfer personal information to countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
12. Your data protection rights
Please be advised that in case you allow CC Mavocado to collect and process certain personal data from you, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access. You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are processed, and, where that is the case, you have the right to request and get access to that personal data.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data and you have the right to provide additional personal data to complete any incomplete personal data.
- Right to Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”). In certain cases, you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data.
- Right to Restriction of Processing. You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing, applicable for a certain period and/or for certain situations.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to receive from us in a structured format your personal data and you have the right to (let) transmit such personal data to another controller.
- Right to Object. In certain cases, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data, including with regards to profiling. You have the right to object at further processing of your personal data in so far as such data have been collected for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to be Not Subject to Automated Individual Decision-Making. You have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
- Right to Filing Complaints. You have the right to file complaints with the applicable data protection authority on our processing of your personal data.
- Right to Compensation of Damages. In case we breach applicable legislation on processing of your personal data, you have the right to claim damages from us for any damages such breach may cause with you.
For further information see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
In case you like to get in contact with us in relation to any of the above mentioned rights or any other personal data issues, please use the data privacy tool in the bottom left corner or email us at [email protected].
13. Changes to this Statement
14. Contact us
The Herb Temple
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
347 King St, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia
© 2019 CC Mavocado Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
Last Updated 22 July 2019.